Thursday, October 15, 2009

How are you doing?

What are you up to? Anything new?

No. Maybe. I dont know but, I cant think of anything at this exact moment and if I could, it's nothing appropriate.

Over the last few months the question of What's going on with you? has been annoying me more than usual. I never know what to say, and I always come away feeling like a boring, useless person afterward. "Nothing. Work." Or I start going on about some geeky podcast.

I know everyone's just trying to be polite, but my life is at one of those plateaus where I do relatively the same thing day-in and day-out. No, my company isnt going bankrupt, I dont have any new pets, and no, I havent started my masters degree (as everyone around me over 30 apparently has). Today I made applesauce for the first time. Oh yeah.

I may start answering with, "I'm sorry, arent you following my Twitter feed?"

1 comment:

LSL said...

I like hearing about your geeky podcasts.