Saturday, February 12, 2011

anyone who knows me...

knows i hate being in a car. especially when it's snowing. i also hate not having access to a bathroom. and traveling really stresses me out.
so imagine my delight when this morning i took the bus to Okayama and found there is no toilet on the 4 hour ride. at one point i almost just got off at a random spot i had to pee so bad.
and then the snow. a sudden storm hit my route, closing the highway and sending my bus up tiny snowy mountain roads. anyone who has ever driven with me knows...
i sat white knuckled, planning my escape in japanese.
"ok, i'll tap the driver and say, TOILET PLEASE."
"no, i'll piss my pants and spend the weekend in the leggings i packed."
"maybe i should tweet my final words."
"there's no reason i couldnt highjack a bus."

so, halfway there and we should have been there already, the driver stops at a rest stop and i run with 3 other women to the toilet for a joyous pee, only to return to the bus to have the driver hand me a bottle of tea while apologizing for the delay.
yeah, im not that crazy, no one else has opened their bottle either.
---written on my phone while staring down the side of a mountain.

1 comment:

red-handed said...

You're always peeing! Also: you could drink half the tea and then refill the bottle with pee.

You're *welcome*.