Saturday, March 27, 2010

Welcome to the Dollhouse

Today, a room of 3 and 4 year-olds sat in a circle around me screaming as many mean Japanese words combined with "sensei" as they could. It was like something from a nightmare, where you're totally surrounded and just being mocked. By babies. They were dying with laughter and couldn't be controlled. They would get real close to my face if they thought they had a good one. I just sat there at one point, not trying to stop them, because it felt so surreal.

I'll give you the highlights in English:

"Breast-sensei!"
"Glasses-sensei!"
"Stomach-sensei!"
"Ear-sensei!"
"Penis-sensei!"
"Monkey-sensei!"

I can't remember all of them, and there were probably a few I couldnt understand.

(sensei means teacher, they usually call me Jeannetto-sensei)

3 comments:

LSL said...

Assholes.

ElizT said...

Children can be so...

why said...

Why did they do this?

Is this the age you usually teach?